Charlize Theron: 'I try not to judge my parenting skills'

Charlize Theron has confessed that it has been difficult to transition to being a mother.

The Prometheus star, who adopted a son named Jackson in March, credited the book Go the F**k to Sleep with helping her to not be too hard on herself as a parent.

People's 2012 'World's Most Beautiful Woman' - Charlize Theron

PA Images / Chris Pizzello/AP


"A lot of people have sent me these children's books, and there's this amazing book, a best-seller [called] Go the F**k to Sleep," Theron told MTV News.

"This book was fantastic for me because it made me realise that I don't need to judge myself right now."

"The whole book is just basically, 'Please, go the f**k to sleep'," Theron explained. "[Jackson] doesn't understand anything right now, and so he just wants my face to look a certain way."

The actress recently revealed that it took two years for her to adopt her son.

Listen to Samuel L Jackson read Go the F**k to Sleep below:


Comments