Charlize Theron discusses single motherhood

Charlize Theron never dreamed she would be a single mother. When she adopted son Jackson in March, that changed everything.

My mother found a [letter I wrote]. It said, Would you please take me to orphanage, so that I can go and adopt a baby? she told Australia's Madison magazine. I always knew I would adopt. Always.

Shes been single since ending her nine-year relationship with Stuart Townsend in 2010, but never questioned her ability to raise a child on her own.

You know, I dont think any mother aims to be a single mom. I didnt wish that, but it happened.

Theron said the idea of marriage has never been that important to her. She treats her relationships like marriages and she couldnt care less about the ceremony.

She told InStyle about her dreams of motherhood.

Motherhood was always something I wanted to experience, she said. Adoption has been a great opportunity for someone like me who wants to have a family.I can only hope to be 10 percent of the mom mine was to me.

Theron isnt surprised by anything about being a mom. She said everything is great and thats what she expected.

She had a lot to say about relationships, but didnt see a partner as a necessity.

"I feel that my relationships have been such blessings because I've been allowed into someone's life," she went on. "They of course make you better and all that stuff, but I never thought of myself [as] less of a person once I left a relationship."

Our #SWATH Queen #CharlizeTheron at the Red Carpet of 2012 #G.!   .. on Tw  itpic


Comments