Charlize Theron has costume input

Charlize Theron's priorities were "character over beauty" when it came to deciding on costumes for Snow White and the Huntsman.

The Hollywood beauty worked closely with on-set designer Colleen Atwood to create the stunning pieces.

Colleen says both Charlize - who plays evil Queen Ravenna - and Kristen Stewart, who stars as Snow White, were a joy to work alongside as they weren't vain about what they were to wear.

"Initially, the first meeting I have with them, we talk about the character and I show them my ideas and listen to theirs. They were both very open to letting me do my thing. And then, as long as they could work in it, they were pretty amenable and excited by what they saw," she explained in an interview with Collider.

"Charlize has certainly been a model, but shes also a great character actress on the inside, so her priorities were really character over beauty, and Kristens [were] as well. Kristen is a beautiful young woman, but she isnt vain in the way that shes looking at the mirror going, 'Oh, do I look fat in this?' With neither one of them, that was not where they were going with it. They were very into their character."

Colleen looked to the actresses for inspiration when designing the costumes. The fashion expert considered different aspects of their look and characters to decide on the perfect on-screen attire.

"I knew who was going to wear the costume, so you think about them as personas and what they want to do with their characters. I picked things that I thought would suit their character and their look. I picked brown and green suede because Kristen has green eyes and those two colours suited her complexion and hair colour and eye colour," she said.

"With Charlize, the character dictated it more than her look. I mean, her look today is so amazing and stunning and that wasnt what we were doing with it, so not so much."

Cover Media

Comments