Charlize Theron: 'I tore stomach muscle shouting for 'Snow White'

Charlize Theron has revealed that she tore a stomach muscle while filming her new movie.

The Snow White and the Huntsman actress said that her role entailed raising her voice so much that it led to her injury.

Charlize Theron, Snow White and the Huntsman

Theron told MTV News: "I did enjoy just screaming at people. I screamed so much at people, I tore a stomach muscle, which I had never heard of before."

The actress, who announced in March that she had adopted a son named Jackson, added that the personality of her demanding character Queen Ravenna stuck with her even when she wasn't filming.

Theron joked: "Off set, you can joke about it, because you're in these costumes. I felt like I was being so high-maintenance: 'It hurts, oh gosh, I can't walk to craft service.'

"You become a big pain in the ass. I mean, I'm saying it was the costume. But it really wasn't. That's how I behaved."

Snow White and the Huntsman, which stars Kristen Stewart and Chris Hemsworth in the title roles, opens on May 30 in the UK and on June 1 in the US.

Watch a trailer for Snow White and the Huntsman below:


Comments