Charlize Theron says had no teeth growing up

Actress Charlize Theron revealed that, unlike most children, she did not get teeth until she was 11.

She told the British paper, The Sun, that this was due to the jaundice she had in her childhood, which necessitated the use of so many antibiotics that her teeth had to be removed.

"So I never had milk teeth. That was tough, you know, being in school having photos taken while I was pretending I had teeth," the Oscar-winner, now 36, said. "It was hideous."

By the time she was 16, though, Theron had a smile which led to her being discovered by a modeling scout.

"It was totally by mistake. My mother thought it would be a funny joke. Modeling was never a passion of mine, but it was this incredible opportunity, she said.

Today, Theron is a mother to Jackson, whom she adopted in March.

"I've never felt more creative and with more energy but on the tiniest amount of sleep, Theron said. I never knew I needed that little sleep. I always had eight hours and now it's, 'Wow, OK, you can function on just four.' But Jackson is great. I've always been very aware of balance and, even before I had a child, my life always takes priority to my work."

Although she is hailed as one of the worlds most beautiful women, Theron says that shes fine with unglamorous roles.

You know, girls dont wake up with lip gloss on. And I dont ever think about it as ugly versus pretty, she said.


Comments