Theron rules out stage roles

Charlize Theron has ruled out a stint on Broadway because she feels "uncomfortable" in front of a large crowd.

1 of 1 Charlize Theron

The Snow White and the Huntsman actress admitted that she is terrified by the prospect of live theatre.

Speaking to Interview magazine she said: "I'm just not made for that kind of live audience where you don't create a fourth wall. I take my hat off to those guys. It's not disconnected enough for me... Some people are good at performing in front of people like that, but I'm uncomfortable at it.

"I think maybe that's the difference between acting and being a performer... As soon as there are 200 people in a theatre watching me, I get really scared."

Theron further explained that she has previously turned down offers from her Young Adult director pal Jason Reitman to participate in his famed theatrical readings at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art.

She said: "I've even said to Jason, 'I will jump off a building for you, but I will not do that.'"


Comments