Charlize Theron rules out theatre work: 'I'm uncomfortable with it'

Charlize Theron has revealed that she will never do stage work because she feels "uncomfortable" in front of crowds.

The Monster actress confessed to Interview magazine that the idea of starring in a Broadway or West End play terrifies her.

Michael Fassbender and Charlize Theron at the MTV Movie Awards 2012

"I'm just not made for that kind of live audience where you don't create a fourth wall," Theron explained. "I take my hat off to those guys. It's not disconnected enough for me.

"Some people are good at performing in front of people like that, but I'm uncomfortable with it."

The actress also admitted that she turned down an offer from Young Adult director Jason Reitman to take part in his theatrical readings at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art.

She added: "I've even said to Jason, 'I will jump off a building for you, but I will not do that'."

Theron currently stars in two movies, the fantasy thriller Snow White and the Huntsman and Sir Ridley Scott's sci-fi Prometheus.

Watch Charlize Theron discuss Prometheus with Digital Spy below:


Comments