'Prometheus' Charlize Theron 'honoured to work with Ridley Scott'

Charlize Theron has said she was honoured to star in director Ridley Scott's sci-fi epic Prometheus.

Theron also revealed that she considers Scott to be one of the finest filmmakers of his generation.

Charlize Theron on the red carpet at the MTV Movie Awards 2012
Charlize Theron, Ridley Scott, Noomi Rapace, Michael Fassbender

Rex Features / VILLARD/SIPA/Rex Features

"I've always felt out of Ridley Scott's generation of filmmakers, there's really a handful that are iconic," the actress said, reports Flicks and Bits. "I think that for every actor there's one of those guys that you always dream to work with, and Ridley Scott was that for me, Sir Ridley was that for me."

Theron further explained that Scott maintained a true sense of "mystery" while shooting Prometheus.

"There's definitely a mystery, an uneasiness [in the film], we don't really know each other. I play a character, Meredith Vickers, who works for the company that has sent out this spaceship into this mission," she said. "I think the environment and the circumstance lends itself to mystery. For myself, for my character, I felt like Ridley Scott really celebrated that."


The star continued: "All of these little things started to happen where he'd bring me in on days that I wasn't on the call sheet. I'd be like, 'Wh! at am I doing here', he'd say, 'I want you to stand in the corner and lurk'.

"But I think for my character definitely, and all of the characters, towards the end of the film, there's somewhat of a more personal connection to this journey that they're taking, that you might not have seen in the first or the second act."

Prometheus is now playing in the UK and opens in the US on Friday (June 8).

Prometheus: World premiere in pictures:

Prometheus world premiere in pictures

Charlize Theron arriving at the 'Prometheus' world premiere, held at the Empire, Leicester Square

1 of 10

Copyright: WENN


Comments