Charlize Theron's creepy 'charity date'

Charlize Theron

Good turn takes a wrong turn ... Charlize Theron regrets charity date.

Charlize Theron has vowed never to auction herself for charity again - as she felt like a "dumb blonde" the last time she did it.

The Hollywood star appeared on US late night chat show Conan to talk about her encounter with a rich stranger in the name of charity. Theron says the experience left much to be desired.

"Don't ever do it. It is the worst idea ever. It's one of things, I was like, yeah I am a dumb blonde. They trick you with the whole, 'Oh you know you can help so many people', and then you fall for it," she told host Conan O'Brien.

Advertisement: Story continues below

Theron recalled the nerve-racking experience, and revealed she took friends along for moral support. The actress joked about the potential background of her "date".

"I went to dinner with a strange man. I made two of my girlfriends go and sit at the restaurant while I was there," she revealed. "The closer I got to this thing, I was like, 'This could actually turn out really bad', like rich people can be creeps too!

"I'd rather just give the money to charity. It was a scary thing. And the guy was weird!"

The 36-year-old star is currently promoting her movie Prometheus, and can also be seen alongside Kristen Stewart and Chris Hemsworth in Snow White and the Huntsman.

CM


Comments