Charlize Theron: 'I was too big to be a model'

Young Adult

Charlize Theron has said that she was "too big" to succeed as a model.

The Young Adult actress talked about her teenage modelling career during an interview with Vogue.

As reported by The Huffington Post, Theron said: "I was too tall, too big, too late for the supermodel look of the Eighties.

"Kate Moss and all the tiny, grungy girls had just become fashionable, and I didn't fit the bill."

Theron continued: "I'm sure there are women who never have to worry about what they eat. But I do.

"I exercise a lot, and I hike a lot. My mum and I hike at least three times a week."

The star also commented on her recent adoption of son Jackson, saying: "I've always been very honest in saying I wanted a family. I've always known I wanted a family.

"I don't think my mum could wait any more! [Jackson is] incredible, the greatest gift... the coolest kid ever."

It was announced last week that Theron will receive a 'Distinguished Decade of Achievement in Film' award from the National Association of Theatre Owners.

> Charlize Theron: 'Everyone's been lovely about adoption'
> Charlize Theron 'has been trying to adopt for a long time'


Comments