Charlize Theron single for the first time

Charlize Theron has never been single until now.

The 36-year-old actress whose nine-year relationship with Stuart Townsend ended in January 2010 admits being alone is a new experience for her, but she thinks it is having a positive effect on her life.

She told the new issue of Americas Vogue magazine: "I've never been single. This is the first time in my life. From the time I was 19, I've been in relationships, literally gone from one to the other within a month.

it has been good for me. I'm a creature who's really found her comfort zone in relationships."

While she thinks being single is good for her, the blonde beauty fought against the end of her relationship with Stuart because she knew their union had been sinking.

She said: "It was sinking, and I had to give it a fight. I wanted to try and make it work. That was the priority. I wouldn't do it any different way."

Shortly after splitting from Stuart, Charlize began working on Young Adult and says the break up helped reinvigorate her acting career.

She said: "I really, really missed it. Like around week three, I had this horrible, sappy moment where I got a little overwhelmed, It was just a really great f***ing experience.

"I'd gotten out of a relationship, and I was in this really floaty place. My feet weren't touching the ground. I just kind of turned to [director] Jason Reitman and was like, 'I feel like me again.'


Comments