Charlize Theron says she's "never been single"

Charlize Theron may be an Oscar-winning actress, but there's one role she never prepared herself for: a mid-thirties single woman. In an interview for the December issue of Vogue, the Hollywood star reveals, "I've never been single. This is the first time in my life. From the time I was 19, I've been in relationships, literally gone from one to the other within a month."

Theron split with her husband of nine years, Stuart Townsend, in January 2010, just months before she began working on her new film, Young Adult. But according to Theron, the breakup really helped reinvigorate her acting career and allowed her to get back in touch with herself. "I'd gotten out of a relationship, and I was in this really floaty place. My feet weren't touching the ground. I just kind of turned to [director Jason Reitman] and was like, 'I feel like me again,'" she said.

Despite their growing differences though, Theron still tried to save her marriage to Townsend from the inevitable D-word that seems to plague most Hollywood romances. Regarding her relationship, the Oscar winner said, "It was sinking, and I had to give it a fight," she explains. "I really wanted to try and make it work. That was the priority. I wouldn't do it any different way."

But now Theron will be back to dominating the silver screen in a big way as she gears up for her role as the evil queen in in 2012's Snow White and the Huntsman. And while she's out for blood in the movie, she had nothing but nice things to say about her co-star, Kristen Stewart, who plays the fair Snow White. Theron tells the magazine, "There's this really lovely quality about her that just doesn't give a [darn]. A lot of people say they don't, but then they go home and cry and pop a Xanax. Kristen actually doesn't give a [darn]. That's what's so refreshing about her." Additionally, she adds, "I'm looking forward to killing her and taking her beauty."

I think I speak for everyone when I say we're glad to have her back!

Source: US, Vogu! e

2011 West World Media. Content may not be used, reproduced, transmitted, distributed or otherwise exploited in any way other than for your personal, noncommercial use only.


Comments