OFFSTAGE: Carrie Underwood's Style Icons: Charlize Theron and Reese Witherspoon

Carrie Underwood

Carrie Underwood

(CMT Offstage keeps a 24/7 watch on everything that's happening with country music artists behind the scenes and out of the spotlight.)

Carrie Underwood tells Nfocus magazine that Charlize Theron and Reese Witherspoon are her icons. "They are beautiful, but in a natural way. They look like they take care of themselves but don't do anything too crazy. They always look and act classy," she said. "I always just try to choose clothes that I feel good in. I really don't focus on what the reviews will be, whether they are rave or not. I just want to feel good about myself." So what does she wear that keeps her in that more classy, less crazy range? Well, she admits that the tried-and-true sweatpants and a T-shirt is her go-to outfit when she's not getting dressed up. And as for her healthy eating routine and resulting slim figure, she gives most of the credit to being a vegan. "I am a vegan, so that certainly helps. It's hard to be vegan and not stay pretty lean," she said. "I eat almonds, apples, dried fruit ... raw fruit and nut bars, maybe a few squares of super dark chocolate and veggies and hummus. I am such a label reader and always take my food with me everywhere. Eating out is a definite diet sabotage, and most of the time, it's hard for me to find quick food to eat, so I always make my own food ahead of time and take it with me. That way, I know exactly what's in it, and I can still stay healthy and satisfied when I'm working."


Comments