Get Charlize Theron's Globes style

Charlize Theron's hairstylist made the most of the star's "natural waves" to create her stunning Golden Globes look.

The Hollywood actress wowed on the film ceremony's red carpet with a romantic side up-do that was curled around a diamond Cartier headband.

Enzo Angileri came up with the beautiful look, and says he worked with Theron's natural texture to create it.

"I wanted her hair to have a casual feeling, very soft, almost as if she had pulled it together herself," he told stylesectionla.com. "I made the most of Charlize's natural waves, and created the style around her texture. The design itself is modern, asymmetrical, and just a little messy."

Angileri has given a step-by-step guide to creating the look. The hair pro says the secret to creating the effortless do is all in the prep.

"I started with already dry, naturally waved hair, and curled small sections with a two inch curling iron to enhance the volume and texture. I used the larger iron because I didn't want to curl her hair, but to refine the natural wave. This helped create an effortless transition from her natural look to red carpet," he explained.

"Once finished, I lightly misted the curled sections with Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine Spray. After a few minutes, I completely brushed through her hair with a Moroccanoil Ionic Ceramic Paddle brush to eliminate any trace of separation, for a natural, clean look with a romantic, soft texture."
Angileri wanted to keep the style relaxed and casual. He deliberately pulled strands of hair from the up-do to complement the "unstructured" look.

"Next, I swept the hair to the left and made three sections. I pulled and rolled the first two into a loose bun and pinned them, working with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray throughout the process to control and hold the hair in place. I released and wrapped the last section under and around the bun and pinned it. Finally, I adjusted and freed strands in the bun so it looked even more unstructured, messy, and a ! bit wisp y," he said.

"To finish the look, I sprayed the hair with Moroccanoil Frizz Control, the key product to making this look work and photograph well. Moroccanoil Frizz Control made any flyways disappear, gave me more control of the hair and the look of the bun, and kept everything frizz-free and in place through the evening. I then placed the Cartier diamond headband into the style."

- Fairfax NZ News


Comments