Charlize Theron: I'm not trendy

Tuesday Dec 20 2011

Charlize Theron insists she isn't a "trendsetter".

The Hollywood beauty boasts an effortlessly chic look, both on and off the red carpet. Despite looking stunning at all times, Charlize doesn't make much effort and prefers a more laid-back look.

"I don't think of myself as a trendsetter. I've always been more casual and effortless," she told Elle.com. "I try to keep my red-carpet look classic. My make-up artist, Shane Paish, usually does some sort of smoky eye by lining my upper and lower lash line with waterproof liner and coating my lashes with tons of mascara.

"I'm lucky enough to have worked with the same crew who create a cohesive look with my hair, make-up, and styling."

Charlize is famed for her shoulder-length blonde locks. The actress likes the versatility of her tresses and prefers to keep them manageable for film roles.

"I've never really had hair for myself. My style is always for playing a character, so I'm personally not superattached to any look. If I'm not working, I prefer something that's easy to care for and doesn't require a lot of styling - I'm not fussy!" she exclaimed.

"Even my colour is usually in a state of whatever my next character is. For the Dior J'Adore campaigns, however, I always go superblonde, which I love. It's how I looked when the campaign started, and we've stayed loyal to it for the past seven years. It just feels right for J'Adore, which is all about glamour."

Cover Media


Comments