Prometheus stars Charlize Theron and Michael Fassbender talk sex and death scenes, friendship in W magazine interview

The cover of W magazines August issue has gained plenty of attention, featuring Prometheus co-stars Michael Fassbender and Charlize Theron in a sexually charged photoshoot. On the inside, though, the two cover acting, their friendship and their experiences in front of the camera.

According to W magazine, the two became friends while working on Ridley Scotts sci-fi film and both have been impressed with each others acting. Fassbender admitted that The Devil Inside was the first Theron film he saw. I knew nothing about it before I went, and during the movie I thought, Well, whos this person? I had no idea what the movie was about, he said.

Neither did I [laughs]. That was so long ago, Theron adds.

Theron said her first Fassbender film was Hunger. A friend said, You have to see this movie. Its the best thing Ive seen in my entire life. I thought, Just chill out, okay? But I was absolutely blown away by it. It was, like, all bets are off from now on. This is the guy.

W asked Fassbender if it was hard for his mother to see him die in Hunger, in which he played Bobby Sands. Surprisingly, no [laughs]. I try to die in most films I do. In 300 I was killed by arrows. In Inglourious Basterds I got my testicles blown off through my ass.

That was a great death, Theron joked.

I had two exit wounds sewn into my pants: one on each butt cheek. It was a great death, Fassbender added.

The two were th! en asked if sex scenes or death scenes were easier.

It depends on who you're doing the sex scene with, Theron said. I don't have issues being naked [pauses]. That sounds very slutty. Fassbender adds, Kind of. I didn't want to say anything, but yes.

Theron played Meredith Vickers in Prometheus, while Fassbender starred as the robot David.

...I've been lucky to work with people I've been really comfortable with...And Michael's one of the two who did not make me feel very comfortable [laughter]," Theron explains.

I was a robot! Fassbender replied.

You can check out all the photos here.

image: W magazine


Comments